Why Are We Doing This? – Writing Grip Exercises
Ms. Trish shared some tips with our staff this week to help children with their pencil grip. Here are some exercises they do in class, that you may not realize help strengthen hand muscles and dexterity to improve this skill:
- Using tongs to pick up small objects.
- Putting small screws and nuts together.
- Coloring with smaller pieces of crayon, or shorter pencils.
- Placing rubber bands on peg boards.
- Tearing paper to make “confetti”.
- Placing beads on pipe cleaners.
See below for more information on grip development, and issues caused by incorrect writing grip. If you ever have questions about the activities your child is doing in class, please reach out to your teacher![pdf-embedder url=”https://hlccpreschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/MFC-L2750dw_001019.pdf”]