Pre-K Education for 4-5 year olds
** All classes are half day for 2020/2021 school year due to COVID-19 state guidelines.
Our Pre-kindergarten programs are designed for children ages four and five and provide the foundation for your child to further develop a lifetime love of learning. Our curriculum, taught in a Christian atmosphere, promotes independence while preparing students emotionally and cognitively for kindergarten. We offer a choice of a two-day program on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or a three-day program that is offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. These programs are all day from 9 am. to 2 pm.
Like our preschool program, our specialized curriculum encourages learning through play— with our dedicated teachers guiding your child in both group and individual-focused settings. Working in conjunction with Southwest Licking’s Kindergarten Center, we strive to provide your child with a seamless transition from Pre-K to kindergarten.
Specific goals for your child’s pre-K experience at Hosanna Lutheran Childhood Center include:
- To recognize, trace and write name
- To understand letters can become words
- To count to 20
- To recognize and understand simple geometric shapes
- To follow directions
- To begin to understand cultural differences of people
- To verbalize personal identification including name, address, telephone number, birth date and age