First Day of School 2020
Children will be dropped off at the glass doors at the front of the church. Pull as close as you can to the vehicle in front of you so that we do not cause a traffic backup on route 310. Have your child on the passenger side of the vehicle, unbuckled, and ready to exit. If you cannot unbuckle your child in the drop off line, use the lot at the front of the church near 310 to pull over to do this, then reenter the line at the turn near the wood doors (see map below). Please do not hand things through the window to the temperature taker, and do not get out of your car. We also ask that you call or email the office if you need to reach the director or your teacher, rather than discuss any issues in the drop off line. Children do not need backpacks or lunch boxes, but will need a coat, hat, gloves, etc. as the weather turns cold as we will go outdoors for recess.
Children will have their temperature taken through the window before they are allowed into the building. If they do not have a fever, staff will open the door to help them out of your vehicle. You will attest that your child:
- Is NOT showing, or has not shown, symptoms of COVID-19 in the last fourteen (14) days.
- Has NOT tested positive for COVID-19.
- Has NOT knowingly encountered someone with COVID-19.
- Has NOT traveled to any area known as a “hot spot” for COVID-19.
Half day classes are 2 1/2 hours long, generally 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 3 p.m. This year, drop off and pickup times are staggered to make the process efficient and allow children as much class time as possible. If you have difficulty due to SWL’s amended bussing schedule, please do your best to arrive on time, but email Ms. Lori (email@example.com) to discuss any concerns. If you have siblings in different classes, they may be dropped off together, or you may drop one, and circle around to drop the other at their time. We just need to make arrangements to have staff available early to attend to your second child, if necessary.
AM Classsrooms A & B:
- Drop off at 8:45 a.m. Pick up at 11:15 a.m.
AM Classrooms C & D:
- Drop off at 9 a.m. Pick up at 11:30 a.m. Please allow 10 minutes for the first group of parents to drop or pick up their children. Arrive no sooner than 8:55 a.m. and 11:25 a.m. If you arrive early, you may park in the unbuckle lot in front near SR 310 and wait.
PM Classrooms A & B:
- Drop off at 12:15 p.m. Pick up at 2:45 p.m.
PM Classrooms C & D:
- Drop off at 12:30 p.m. Pick up at 3 p.m. Please allow 10 minutes for the first group of parents to drop or pick up their children. Arrive no sooner than 12:15 p.m. and 2:55 p.m. If you arrive early, you may park in the unbuckle lot in front near SR 310 and wait.
At pickup, you will line up in your vehicle in the same manner as at drop off. Please place your name card in the passenger dashboard so that the staff can identify easily who you are at the school to pick up. Be prepared to show an ID, especially at first until staff learns all of our grown ups. Children will only be released to those you have given permission to pick up. If you need to add a person to the pick up list, you must contact the office at least an hour before pick up time. We will help your child into the vehicle, then you must pull forward into a parking spot to buckle them into their seat belts/car seats so that the pick up line can keep moving (see map below).
The Late Pick Up policy & fees in the family handbook will be enforced. Because of the pandemic situation and altered drop off/pickup procedures, fees will be assessed beginning with the very first late pick up. We ask that you are on time for drop off as well so that all students may enjoy as much class time as possible and to minimize classroom disruptions. If you arrive after the drop off process has finished, you must call into the office 740-964-6333 and wait on a staff member to come outside and take your child’s temperature as per the above process.
For more information about the reopening plan and pandemic policies and procedures, click HERE.